Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grant Lyle Andersen born July 5, 2010

Our first picture of Grant on July 6, 2010.
Holding Grant for the first time in the NICU

There are times when we reflect on the important aspects of life. The week of Grant's birth was cetainly one of those times. We had already enjoyed 2 priesthood blessings in two days. The baptisim and confirmation of Gracie and the blessing of Dallin.
On the morning of July 6, when Brandon called and asked Alan to hurry over to the hospital to help give Lindsay a blessing, we really had no idea how important that blessing would be. I was grateful, as we made our way to Twin Falls, that Brandon and Alan had the priesthood. I thought of how we take that power for granted so much of the time. That priesthood blessings and ordinances become almost common place for those of us who have had the priesthood always in our lives. I think most of you know that we spent a couple of hours with Brandon and Lindsay and then with assurance from the nurse that the bleeding had stopped and Lindsay would be feeling better in a couple of hours, we left to come home. As I walked in the door at home a few hours later we received the call from John that Lindsay had been rushed into emergency surgery with the possibility of a hysterectomy to stop the bleeding. The trip back to Twin Falls was a long one. I tried to remember the words of the blessing that Brandon had given Lindsay that morning. I remembered some words but not many and I knew how drastically the situation had changed. However, I did remeber some of Elder Oaks talk from the priesthhood session of conference this April. I knew that he had said that the words spoken in a healing blessing were not the most important thing. I would encourage all of you to take time to review that talk. It was a powerful talk about blessings of the sick. I found comfort in that knowledge. I know that there were miracles that took place that day. I know that the restoration of the priesthood plays a part in our lives every day. It is with much joy and gratitude that I thank Heavenly Father that my husband, sons and sons-in -laws are able to bring the blessings of the priesthood into our family. I look forward to the blessing day of little Grant. I know that he is a great addition to our family.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That was really sweet and brought me to tears. Thanks. I agree with everything :)